Shun Classic Blonde Combination Honing Steel
With each use of your knife, the razor-sharp edge naturally bends over just a tiny bit. The edge is still sharp, but the sharpest part isn’t making contact with the food. The answer is honing with the Shun Classic Combination Honing Steel. It gently realigns the edge of the blade, prolonging the knife's sharpness. The Shun Classic Combination Honing Steel has two surfaces: a smooth one for day-to-day honing, and a micro-ribbed one for weekly honing.
High-performance Shun Classic knives are now available with a contemporary natural look. The Classic Blonde collection marries the exceptional Damascus-style blades of the Classic series with comfortable PakkaWood handles in a light-colored wood tone. Featuring a VG-MAX super-steel core and microthin layers of stainless steel, each of these knives is ultra-sharp, lightweight and deftly balanced. This set includes a Slimline bamboo block with slots for four knives, kitchen shears (sold separately) and a honing steel.
- Each VG-MAX super-steel blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating variegated look reminiscent of Damascus-style blade.
- Exceptionally sharp cutting edges are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Blonde PakkaWood handles resist moisture and feature D-shape to sit comfortably in hand.
- NSF-certified knives meet high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo block has slots for 4 knives, kitchen shears (sold separately) and a honing steel.
- Handcrafted in Japan.