Check out this mouth-watering brisket recipe by Pitts & Spitts!
- Brisket (we went with a 10-pound option)
- Salt and pepper
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Cutting board
- Carving knife/electric trimmer
- Butcher paper/a towel/a cooler
- Pitts & Spitts Maverick 850 Pellet Grill
- Grab your rubber gloves and your chilled brisket (from the fridge, for easier cutting).
- Pat it dry after taking it out of its packaging, then place it on your cutting board.
- Trim off the parts that are going to come off anyway or that people won’t eat (and save these pieces to grind into venison or pork sausage). Also leave about a 1/4 of an inch of fat on the back to cook and render.
- Season it generously with salt and pepper. Or you could use one of these seasonings: