Original post here.
- 20 CANDY EYES
- 1 CUP CHEDDAR OR PEPPER JACK CHEESE
- 8 OUNCES CREAM CHEESE (SOFTENED)
- 1 EGG
- 10 JALAPEÑOS
- 6 SLICES BACON
- 1 TUBE CRESCENT ROLLS
Stabilize your grill at 400°F and set up for an indirect cook.
2. Place bacon on the grill and begin the rendering process cook for 7 minutes and flip. Cook till crisp then take off the grill to cool and crisp.
3. Slice each jalapeño in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
4. Warm your Cream cheese and Cheddar mixture, chop up the bacon and fold all ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed. Transfer the mix to a piping bag or just spoon the mixture into the sliced jalapenos.
5.Open and unroll the crescent roll sheet and smooth out any perforations so we have 1 solid sheet.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut ¼ inch slices of crescent dough for the mummy wrap.
7. From the top down, wrap the stuffed jalapeno with the crescent dough mummy wrap. Be sure to leave a spot close to the top for the eyes.
8. Crack an egg for the egg wash and begin to paint the dough.
9. Place a piece of parchment to the grill and transfer the painted wrapped jalapeno mummies to your 400°F indirect grill for 20 minutes.
10. Once the dough is fully cooked, and the color has set, transfer to your presentation plate and press in the 2 eyes.