Shun Classic Blonde 5-Piece Starter Block Set
High-performance Shun Classic knives are now available with a contemporary natural look. The Classic Blonde collection marries the exceptional Damascus-style blades of the Classic series with comfortable PakkaWood handles in a light-colored wood tone. Featuring a VG-MAX super-steel core and microthin layers of stainless steel, each of these knives is ultra-sharp, lightweight and deftly balanced. This set includes a Slimline bamboo block with slots for four knives, kitchen shears (sold separately) and a honing steel.
- Each VG-MAX super-steel blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating variegated look reminiscent of Damascus-style blade.
- Exceptionally sharp cutting edges are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Blonde PakkaWood handles resist moisture and feature D-shape to sit comfortably in hand.
- NSF-certified knives meet high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo block has slots for 4 knives, kitchen shears (sold separately) and a honing steel.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
5-Piece Starter Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife
- 6" utility knife
- 8" chef's knife
- 9" honing steel
- 6-slot Slimline bamboo storage block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
DIMENSIONS & MORE INFO
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2" blade, 4 1/2" handle; 2.2 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6" blade, 4" handle; 2.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8" blade, 6" handle; 6.8 oz.
- 9" honing steel: 9" rod, 4" handle; 9.6 oz.
- Block: 11" x 3" x 6 1/4" high; 2 lb. 4 oz.
- Knives are handcrafted in Japan.
- Block made in China.
- Stainless-steel bolsters and end caps.
- Full-tang construction provides strength and balance.
- Double-bevel Japanese blades are hand sharpened to 16-degree angle on each side.
- PakkaWood is made of genuine hardwood infused with resin for moisture-resistance, strength and durability.