Shun Kanso 3-Piece Starter Set
The Shun Kanso 3-Piece Starter Set includes three of the most vital pieces of kitchen cutlery. The set is built around the Shun Kanso 8-in. Chef's Knife, the one knife you're sure to use every time you cook. On the other end of the scale is the Shun Kanso Paring Knife, ideal for all those trimming and peeling tasks. This beautiful set also includes the Shun Kanso 6-in. Utility Knife—perfect for in-between-sized tasks. This attractive set comes in a tasteful box suitable for storage or gift-giving.
The Shun Kanso 3-Piece Starter Set is part of the Shun Kanso series. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A—highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of a wood called tagayasan or wenge, which is sometimes known in Japan as “iron sword wood.” The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste.
- 3-piece set provides the essential kitchen cutlery every kitchen needs
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Contoured tagayasan or wenge wood handle
- Chef's knife blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Utility knife blade length: 6 in. (15.3 cm)
- Paring knife blade length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan