Shun Premier 5-Piece Starter Block Set
The Shun Premier 5-piece Starter Set gets your Premier collection started beautifully. You get the three most-needed kitchen knives—the Shun Premier 8-inch Chef's Knife, the 4-inch Paring Knife, and the 6.5-inch Utility Knife. There's also a Premier Combination Honing Steel to help you maintain your edge. Everything fits in our Slimline Bamboo Block—with room to expand. There is one additional knife slot, plus one to accommodate a handy pair of kitchen shears.
The Shun Premier 5-piece Starter Set is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO START YOUR SHUN PREMIER COLLECTION
- 8-inch Chef's
- 6.5-inch Utility
- 4-inch Paring
- Combination Honing Steel
- Slimline Block
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood®
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Built-in angle guide makes precision honing easy
- Stainless steel with micro ribs
- Handle: Walnut-colored PakkaWood®
- Rod length: 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Made in China
- Beautiful, sustainable bamboo construction
- Accommodates up to 4 kitchen knives, large to small
- Plus slots for honing steel and kitchen shears
- Made in China
Please see individual components for detailed information.