- 1 Skinless Pork Belly
- Meat Church Honey Hog, Honey Hog Hot or The Gospel
- Meat Mitch Naked Sauce (or whatever your favorite sweet sauce is)
- Your favorite clover honey
- 2 ½ disposable aluminum steam pans
- Apple juice for spritzing
- Wire rack
- Thermoworks MK4 Instant Read Thermometer
- Texas Pepper Jelly Apple Cherry Habanero Rib Candy
1. Prepare your Smoker: Prepare your smoker at a temperature of 275 degrees. I recommend medium smoke wood for this cook such as hickory or pecan.
2. Butcher the Pork Belly: Cube the pork belly into 1” x 1” cubes.
3. Season the Pork Belly: Thoroughly coat all sides of the pork belly cubes with your choice of Honey Hog, The Gospel or Honey Hog Hot. Allow the rub to adhere on all sides for at least 15 minutes.
4. Smoke the Pork Belly: Place the pork belly in the smoker fat-side up, we recommend doing this on a wire rack. This cook will take 3 hours. Spritz the pork belly with apple juice every 45 minutes or whenever it starts to look dry. Using your Thermapen MK4, pull the belly when the meat reaches an internal temperature of 190°F - 195°F.
5. Finish the Burnt Ends: Place the cubes in the 1/2 aluminum pan. Season and toss the cubes with more Meat Church rub. Cover the cubes with Meat Mitch NAKED BBQ sauce. Drizzle the honey across the top. Optionally, add the Apple Cherry Hab rib candy to taste. Finally, toss the cubes thoroughly to ensure they are completely covered.
Return the pan (uncovered) to the smoker and cook for another hour or until all liquid has reduced and caramelized. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!
This recipe orginally appeared on meatchurch.com