Smoked Chuck Roast Chili
- 1-2 pounds of smoked chuck roast cubed
- Big and Bold Beef Rub
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons of Calypso Kick
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 4 ounces of tomato paste
- 1- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 bottle of your favorite beer OR 12 ounces of beef broth
- 1 can of kidney beans ( OPTIONAL )
- Start by smoking the chuck roast: Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees indirect. Use olive oil or binder of your choice and apply to your chuck roast. Rub your roast liberally with Big and Bold Beef. Smoke until your roast gets to the internal temperature of your choice.
- Brown your ground beef in skillet or pan and drain the excess fat.
- Take your chuck roast and cube it up to your desired preference.
- At this point, you will take all of the above-listed ingredients, your onions, tomato paste, Calypso Kick, Cumin, Chili powder, beer or broth, diced tomatoes and put them in your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, depending on how thick you like your chili you can add more liquid if necessary.
- Get a bowl, fill with this goodness and top with your favorite chili toppings. We use some shredded cheese, sour cream, and scallions.
This recipe originally appeared on www.caribeque.com