Recipe from TRUFF
Meet the combination you didn’t know you needed: stuffed peppers and chicken parmesan.
With flavors of crushed tomatoes, garlic, basil, dried Italian chili peppers, and colorful bell peppers, this dish is next level. We complement this ingredient lineup with TRUFF Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce to deliver a spicy kick. Say goodbye to boring weeknight dinner, this recipe is here to make your mid-week meals exciting!
- 1 jar TRUFF Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce
- 1 of each red, yellow, orange, and green bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 12 oz breaded popcorn chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, or pecorino, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Completely cover the bottom of a large casserole dish with TRUFF Pasta Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce.
- Place split peppers into the sauce and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Season the peppers with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place popcorn chicken inside of the peppers and top each with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place the peppers in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and garnish with basil before serving.